National Defence Academy is located at Khadakwasla near Pune, Maharashtra and it is one of first tri-service academy on planet. It is an iconic institution; it is a Joint Services academy from Indian Military, where cadets from the three services, the Military, the Navy and also the Air Force train together.
NDA Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen or subject to Nepal or Bhutan.
- Tibetan refugees migrated to India before 1st January, 1962 and today they are permanent resident are also eligible to apply.
- Individual of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, United Republic of Tanzania etc with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Although, eligibility certificate is not required in case of Gorkha candidates with subject to Nepal
Attention Please: Participants who’re not Indian citizens need to produce the “Certificate of Eligibility”.
For National Defence Academy: Aspirants should have qualified 12th Class of 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
Naval Academy: Applicant should have possessed 10+2 educational level with physics and mathematics subjects.
- Minimum Age: 16.5 years
- Maximum Age: 19.5 years
Only those aspirants would be eligible to appear for this examination that is born not before 2nd day in the month of July in the year 1998 and not after 1st Day of January in the year 2001. No reservation in age is allowed for SC/ST/OBC etc candidates.
Applying candidates must be unmarried.
Only male candidates are eligible to apply for NDA.
The applicants appointed for the service selection board (SSB) will require participating in medical examination as it is an important basis for the participants to meet the eligibility criteria of NDA & NA and if the aspirants don’t meet the physical standards, will not be considered for the final qualification.
The participants should not be ill and defected at any stage and so that the medical examination can be conducted at the faster pace at the Military Hospital. Below mentioned are considered as the minor ailments:
|Wax (Ears)||Deviated Nasal Septum||Hydrocele / Phimosis|
|Overweight / Underweight||Under sized Chest||Piles|
Other than the above criteria in the physical standards the applicants should be in good physical and mental health and they should not be obese or over weight. Special Requirements are Mentioned Below for the participants applying For Air Force Wing of the National Defence Academy:
|Special OR Specific Requirements for Air Force Pilot|
|Leg length||99.00cm 120.00cm|
|Thigh length||Max 64.00cm|
|Sitting height||81.50cm 96.00cm|
Height/weight standard for Army/Air Force
|Height (cms)||Weight (kgs)|
|Without shoe||16-17 years||17-18 years||18-19 years|
Height/Weight for Navy
|Height (cms)||Weight (kgs)|
|Without shoe||16 years||18 years||20 years|
Eyesight Criteria for Navy
|Uncorrected without glass||6/6|
|Corrected with glass||6/6/|
|Limits of Myopia||-0.75|
|Limits of Hypermetropia||+1.5|
|Limits of color perception||I|
Eyesight Criteria for Air Force
|Uncorrected without glass||6/6, 6/9|
|Corrected with glass||6/6 (only for Hypermetropia)|
|Limits of Myopia||Nil|
|Limits of Hypermetropia||+2.00 D Dph|
|Color Vision||CPI (MLT)|
|Near Vision||N-5 each eye|
Important Note: If a candidate appearing for NDA examination wears spectacles habitually then he is not eligible to apply.
- Selection process of the NDA is start with the written examination which is conducted by Union Public service Commission (UPSC).
- Participants who qualify this written exam are only applicable to appear for next stages.
- The next procedure is Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence/ Personality test which are conducted by the Service Selection Board (SSB).
- Candidate who qualify the stage I round will be allow to participate in stage II
- Aspirants who clear athe stage II will have to submit their all original and photocopies of documents/ certificates.
- Finally contenders applied for Army/ Navy and Naval Academy/Air force must get the minimum qualify marks in written examination, officers potentiality test and pilot aptitude test (if require).
- Then final merit list will be announced on the basis of marks obtained in written test and SSB.